January 21, 2012

My Top Ten Favorite Performances of 2011

1.) Bernadette Peters as Desiree Armfeldt in A Little Night Music
2.) Jan Maxwell as Phyllis Rogers Stone in Follies
3.) Alice Ripley as Diana Goodman in the national tour of Next to Normal
4.) Wicked on Broadway. After seeing it eight times on the first national tour, it was amazing to finally see it on Broadway. 
5.) Chad Kimball and Montego Glover as Huey Calhoun and Felicia Farrell in Memphis
6.) Norbert Leo Butz as Carl Hanratty in Catch Me If You Can (a musical that closed far too soon...)
7.) Sutton Foster as Reno Sweeney in Anything Goes
8.) Donna Murphy as Raisel/Bubbie in The People in the Picture
9.) Aaron Tveit as Frank Abagnale in Catch Me If You Can
10.) A tie between Norm Lewis as Porgy in Porgy and Bess and Telly Leung in Godspell
Here’s to many wonderful performances in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I like your choices. Id agree on the majority of those! Jan Maxwell, Alice Ripley, replace Chad With Adam.Pascal because I never saw Chad, Norbert Leo Butz, Donna Murphy, AaRon Tveit and Telly Leung I agree with! Id hafta add Lin Manuel Miranda as Usnavi in ITH for me, and Cheno and Wean in Promises and Laura Benanti, Patti Lupone, and Sherie Rene Scott in WOTV for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly enjoyed Jan Maxwell in Follies. She was fabulous! Norbert was my fav in Catch Me. He was hysterical. I was glad to see he won the Tony.

    ReplyDelete